Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Count function

Hi All,

What is the meaning of the below expression?

Count({<[ON/OFF Pathway]={'OFF'} >} Distinct HSP_ACCOUNT_ID), 0)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

I think you missed some part of the expression in the beginning, I guess it would be either If() or Alt().  The above expression counts the Distinct HSP_ACCOUNT_ID which is having ON/OFF Pathway as {'OFF'}.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

I think you have a additional (,0)) thing at the end which may be part if statement. But this part (Count({<[ON/OFF Pathway]={'OFF'} >} Distinct HSP_ACCOUNT_ID)) means that you are distinctly counting HSP_ACCOUNT_ID where [ON/OFF Pathway] is OFF

HTH

Best,

Sunny

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi sunindia

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I confused with ,0. 

sunny_talwar

Ya I think this expression by itself with ,0) at the end will give you an error.

Kushal_Chawda

assuming you have expression

alt(Count({<[ON/OFF Pathway]={'OFF'} >} Distinct HSP_ACCOUNT_ID), 0)

First - You are counting the distinct values of HSP_ACCOUNT_ID associated with [ON/OFF Pathway] where value is 'OFF'.

If there is no values of HSP_ACCOUNT_ID associated with [ON/OFF Pathway] alt function returns zero

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II
Author

Kush141087

I am also guessing the same. But it look like if function. But actually not.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

I think you missed some part of the expression in the beginning, I guess it would be either If() or Alt().  The above expression counts the Distinct HSP_ACCOUNT_ID which is having ON/OFF Pathway as {'OFF'}.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi jagan,Kush141087,

Actual expression was this. It was my mistake not seen keen.

Thank you for your answers.

=If(Getpossiblecount([ON/OFF Pathway])>1 OR [ON/OFF Pathway]='OFF', Count({<[ON/OFF Pathway]={'OFF'} >} Distinct HSP_ACCOUNT_ID), 0)