Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Count if dateA is before dateB (incl. variable)

I have an expression that works well. What it does, is, it counts the invoices “Paid ontime” and the “Paid ontime” is already set during import.

It looks like this:

Count({$<[PAYMENTS.PAYMENT_PERFORMANCE] = {'Paid ontime'}>}DISTINCT([PAYMENTS.INVOICE_ID]))

Now I am trying to do something similar but more enhanced.

I want to count invoices where the payment date is before the due date including a tolerance which is a numeric value (variable) that can be set in a input box.

I have tried it like this but something is not right.

Count({$<[PAYMENTS.PAYMENT_DATE] = {>= Date(Date(Num(PAYMENTS.INVOICE_DUE_DATE)+v_ontime_tolerance)) }>}DISTINCT([PAYMENTS.INVOICE_ID]))

Can anyone indicate what's wrong?

Thanks,

Benny

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

My bad, it is actually the other way round but still does not work:

Count({$<[PAYMENTS.PAYMENT_DATE] = {<= Date(Date(Num(PAYMENTS.INVOICE_DUE_DATE)+v_ontime_tolerance)) }>}DISTINCT([PAYMENTS.INVOICE_ID]))

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Would you able share a application, Please. May be this?

Count({$<[PAYMENTS.PAYMENT_DATE] = {"<=$(=Date(Date(Num(PAYMENTS.INVOICE_DUE_DATE)+ $(v_ontime_tolerance))))"}>}DISTINCT([PAYMENTS.INVOICE_ID]))

Please describe v_ontime_tolerance

Count if dateA is before dateB (incl. variable)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

May be just use an if statement

Count({$<[PAYMENTS.PAYMENT_PERFORMANCE] = {'Paid ontime'}>} DISTINCT If([PAYMENTS.PAYMENT_DATE] >= (PAYMENTS.INVOICE_DUE_DATE+v_ontime_tolerance), [PAYMENTS.INVOICE_ID]))