Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Support Case Portal has moved to Qlik Community! Read the FAQs to start exploring Support resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kvijay173
Creator
Creator

Count if the Occurrence is not in Multiple state

Hi Friends,

I have a data with Computer Name, Installation Status, Health State. Some computers will have the status as INSTALLED and not FAILED. But some computers will have both INSTALLED and FAILED.

Capture.PNG

I would like to create a table for Health State as below. If you look at the below result the total computers is 9 (distinct). But 5 computers are a member of Installed status only. I already have a similar report in Tableau. But now we are moving on to QlikView from Tableau. I dont know how to achieve this in QlikView.

1.PNG

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be like this (assuming all the above your mentioned are un-healthy)

Dimension

If(Match(Status, 'Failed', 'Not Installed', 'Downloaded'), 'Un-Healthy', 'Healthy')

Expression

=Count(DISTINCT {<[Computer Name] = e({<Status = {'Failed', 'Not Installed', 'Downloaded'}>})>+<Status = {'Failed', 'Not Installed', 'Downloaded'}>} [Computer Name])

View solution in original post

vinieme12
Champion II
Champion II

create that 3 field in script buddy

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you have a lot of field values belonging to unhealthy and these may change over time, focus on healthy / installed instead:

=If(Status='Installed','Healthy','Unhealthy') =Count(DISTINCT {<[Computer Name] = e({<Status -= {'Installed'}>})>+<Status -= {'Installed'}>} [Computer Name])
Healthy5
Unhealthy4
kvijay173
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny. Completed the report with your valuable suggestions. Thanks to all suggestions from others.