Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abe786
Contributor III
Contributor III

Create Bookmarks dynamically through values stored in database

I'm trying to create a solution to dynamically build bookmarks by using values stored in database.

Background:

At the moment, we have a web UI which allow our users to store field and the selection values in database. We read the values stored in database in our Qlikview Apps and then mimic Qlikview bookmark functionality through a complicated use of actions and triggers.

The solution works fine however we noticed if we use the inbuilt Qlikview bookmark functionality,  the performance is much better.

The only issue is we have lot of bookmarks and we want to keep them as dynamic i.e. they can modified and created outside of Qlikview.

I'm attaching a sample code which has the bookmark table like we in the database. If I anybody can suggest anyway we can create bookmarks automatically using the values or some intermediate app through which we can create 1 XML file for all bookmark and then import them to our main dashboard? !

1 Reply
abe786
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok, I've been able to figure out a way to create them using macro. I was able read the table and create the bookmark, however, I'm not able to write the macro looping code, to create the bookmarks automatically due to my limited experience with vbscript. If anybody can take a look and suggest how to write the looping logic in macro, it will be appreciated