Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create PDF-report with PDF-XChange 3.0

Hi,

I have an QlikView-application with a macro (in vbscript) which should create a PDF-file from a report. The PDF-file should be created after the application has been updated. I trigger the macro from On Post Reload and I use the printer PDF-XChange 3.0. To trigger the update of the QlikView-application I have created a .bat-file with this command line:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /l /vvExportReportFlag=1 "D:\Qlikview\App\Spårväg\Topofrail\TopOfRail.qvw"

The .bat-file is scheduled in a task to run in Windows Task Scheduler with the highest privileges and to run either if the user is logged on or not.

When I am logged on to the server the PDF-file is created when the scheduled task run, but when I am logged of from the server the PDF-file is not created.

I have set up the printer to save the generated PDF-file and to always overwrite the previous PDF-file.

Does anybody have any idea of how to solve this?

Thanks for your help!

1 Reply
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Make sure that the task is set to run if the user is logged on or not.

task.png

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.