Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yashcena
Contributor III
Contributor III

Create Projections for Future Weeks

Hi,

I have the following columns in my data model:

Resource Name

Project Name

Project Completion Date

Work_Date

I have to show the average hours a resource has charged on a particular project for X weeks. (I have a slider where users can select how many weeks' of average they want to see).

Now based on the weekly average of each resource, I have to create a chart which will tell me how many hours he has remaining which he can dedicate to other projects till the end of year (essentially how many free hours a resource has).

Taking an example from my sample data,

Capture.JPG

Aaron charges an average of 2.7 hours weekly on two projects. So he has (35- 2.65) Hours = 32.35 Hours that he can spend on other projects. But this will be till 06/08 when Project A completes. ( 35-hour work week)

After Project A ends (and assuming his weekly average for Project C remains around 2.4) he would have (35-2.4) Hours = 32.6 Hours which he can dedicate to other projects till 8/22 after which he will have entire 35 hours each week for other projects till year end because both his projects would have ended by 8/22.

I'm looking for something like this:

Capture.JPG

I hope I have made my requirement clear.

So I need to find out how many hours each resource can dedicate to other projects for each week till the year end.

How do I make such projections? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Yash

0 Replies