Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Create a chart based on data from another

Hi,

is it possible to create a chart solely based on data taken from another chart (generated only on the UI)?

<=> The information I need is created using some set_analysis and data from several underlying tables.

Generating it directly in the underlying tables would not be an easy task.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, a chart cannot use data from another chart. Charts don't 'have' data, but can only display data. But you can probably create expressions to get the result you're looking for. Possibly using the aggr function to create virtual tables that can be manipulated further.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
its_anandrjs

You are use the same expression here in new chart then apply your new expression with analysis because the same expression give same out put to you on new chart.

Not applicable

You can find all of those same expressions in settings -> chart overview if you want to use them again

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, a chart cannot use data from another chart. Charts don't 'have' data, but can only display data. But you can probably create expressions to get the result you're looking for. Possibly using the aggr function to create virtual tables that can be manipulated further.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Gysbert,

thanks for the answer!

I thought so. But I guess we'll find a way. After all, what we need is just the data we have displayed in one chart - only we need a different kind of chart with another dimension - so I guess we can just copy it and make the appropriate changes to get what we want.

Btw.: I think I saw once that it is possible, in the "flow" of a chart, to make the expressions "further down the line" refer to those before just by name?

In some instances, that might actually make understanding quotas and such easier ...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can give expressions in a chart a name. In straight tables and pivot tables that's also the label used in the header. You can use that name to refer to that expression in other expressions. It's also possible to store expressions in variables and use and reuse those variables in place of the fully expanded expression. That way you can build up complex expressions from simpler components. And it's also possible to pass parameters to variables. See this post for an example: Re: Multiple definitions for one Variable.