Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a complex Row Level Access on a QlikView report.

Hi!

I´m trying to apply a little complex type of Security Access into my QlickView report.

I have four columns of data:

EmployeeCountrySalarySupervisor
JohnUSA4555Kevin
KevinCanada3425Maria
PeterUSA6000Carter
CarterUSA1345Estela
MariaArgentina9000Kevin
DoloresBrazil3456Mike
EstelaColombia7654Kevin
GeorgeUSA2866Mike
MikeCanada3333Estela
RubenArgentina1234Estela
CarlosColombia7689Mike

On my report each USERID is a Supervisor and I need that each USER (Supervisors) can see the data (Salary, etc.) of all the people of his Country and also the information of their supervised people.

For example: USERID "Kevin" should see all the info of people of USA (John, Peter, Carter and George) AND the info of their supervised (María and Estela).

I´ve created this Access file but it doesn´t works.

ACCESSUSERIDCOUNTRYEMPLOYEE
ADMINADMIN**
USERKevinUSA
USERKevinMaria
USERKevinEstela
USERMaríaArgentina
USERMaríaKevin
USERCarterUSA
USERCarterPeter
USEREstelaColombia
USEREstelaCarter
USEREstelaMike
USEREstelaRuben
USERMikeCanada
USERMikeDolores
USERMikeGeorge
USERMikeCarlos

There is a way to apply this type of Access Level?

I attach the files if you can try.

Thanks!

4 Replies
vishweshwarisun
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi

this thread will help you

row level security, how to?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

But that is for Qlik Sense

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also on that Example, it uses a simple value per column as filter. In my case, I need to filter two or more values per column (Employee e.g).

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Filtering by two or more values will work all right as long as the premises for the section access table apply:

• Only one reduction value per line in the section access table, so for all possible combinations there must be one line for each
  • When using "*", all values for such field must be specified within the section access table (regardless how the field in the data model looks like). In the section access table, "*" does not mean "all possible values"
  • Field values and field names are UPPERCASE

Based on your example, for the case of Kevin, there must be a line for each combination of country (including employee's) AND employee:

ACCESS, USERID, COUNTRY, EMPLOYEE

USER, KEVIN, USA, KEVIN

USER, KEVIN, USA, JOHN

USER, KEVIN, USA, PETER

USER, KEVIN, USA, CARTER

USER, KEVIN, USA, GEORGE

USER, KEVIN, CANADA, KEVIN

USER, KEVIN, COLOMBIA, ESTELA

USER, KEVIN, ARGENTINA, MARIA

etc...

Because what section access does is the same as when having a selection in the file, you click on File > Reduce Data > Keep Possible Values

So if you select KEVIN in the field Supervisor, all values in white in the fields Employee and Country must be included in the section access.

One way of simplifying this is creating a link table between a key value in one field in the section access table (think of a concatenated key of country & '|' & employee, for example) and another with all possible values.