cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pandreozzi
Creator
Creator

Create a dulipcate table from an existing table

I have an issue with a relationship that creates a loop based on my table structure. I do not have access nor control on how the tables get created or modified. I only have an ODBC connection to the DB and this is why when I add a table that needs a relationship with other tables that currently have existing relationships I get loops. I am thinking if I can duplicate the date in my table that I need to form the relationship with thereby creating two identical tables I can form two separate relationships to get the information I need. There are only three fields in this table and below is my qlikview code to access the table. I also attached an image of the loop.

The SWCUSTOMERID is used to form the relationship with the other tables that need the Vendor information from the SW_CUSTOMER table.

Vendor_Provider:

LOAD

SWCUSTOMERID AS C_PROVIDER_ID,

SWNAME AS C_PROVIDER_NAME,

SWNOTE AS C_NOTES

;

SQL

SELECT

SWCUSTOMERID,

SWNAME,

SWNOTE

FROM GPS.SW_CUSTOMER

;

25 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Why your Vendor Provider should be matched with Channel Port, previously in your word it was not linked either. With the data model you have is it not working,? If not what exactly is not working? Can you elaborate?

pandreozzi
Creator
Creator
Author

My apologies in advance. the original attachment shows the loop when I originally added the vendor table to the project and the keys that connected the vendor table to the Channel Port and Base Circuit tables. The second attachment show the relationship to one of the tables and how it should look. The access table only added confusion and I should of just sent the second attachment with the issue.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

OK so what is the issue here? Can you explain again please sorry i was little lost?

pandreozzi
Creator
Creator
Author

ok so when I add a relationship from the Vendor Provider table to the Channel Port table there is a relationship loop that is created and I cannot have a loosely coupled relationship as the date becomes unreliable. What I would like to try and accomplish is to have a second vendor provider table created and be able to form a relationship from that new table to the channel port table. I found one way to do this is to export the vendor provider table to a spreadsheet and create a new connection to this sheet and that works but I am trying to avoid having to maintain two vendor provider tables.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Did you try my suggestion and the data model you sent in your Zip file does that not work for you?

pandreozzi
Creator
Creator
Author

I will try but I think I will loose some date with that solution due to duplicate information. Also see attachment with what I got to work by creating a separate vendor file Presentation2.jpg

pandreozzi
Creator
Creator
Author

VIshwarath, excuse my misunderstanding but where would I add your suggestion. I am very new to application development and do not understand where to insert this. I tried earlier today and received a sql syntax error.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you copy paste all the scripts you used to get to this data model? Dont send me an image just copy paste the script from your editor and paste here please...

pandreozzi
Creator
Creator
Author

Is there a private place I can upload this to?

pandreozzi
Creator
Creator
Author

Or I can email it