cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a report that exports straight to excel

hi there,

We have a requirement where we need to provide a user a very detailed listing report. To avoid overloading our server memory, we would like to make the report available for exporting to excel directly. To simply put it, we will create a very detailed table chart but we won't display the contents but rather we will allow the user to directly download it to excel. Is this possible in QlikView?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards,

Ron

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes, It is possible.

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes, It is possible.

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

Try this , the table is invisible and it would be exported after clicking on the button

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks Anil,

It's working. However i'm having an issue for columns that has "," in the data. It breaks it into two columns.

Example i have a field called student name and the data is Reyes, Ronald.

When i export to excel, the data under student name column would be Reyes while the Ronald will be pushed forward to the next column, and thus all the rest of the columns data are misaligned from that point onwards.

Is there a way to not to use "," as the separator in the export macro command?

Thanks a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Dave. Its working too

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you got helpful please mark it as Helpful and Flag the correct answer if you find suit answer over community. You ask me some thing related to append. Can you help us to understand whether how you want to be (May be image)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi,

The macro that you gave is working

SUB EXPORT

set sObject1 = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH1049")

sObject1.Export "D:\InternshipEvaluation.csv", ", "

end sub

however if my data has a "," inside, the macro will break it into two columns when exported to excel.

Example i have a table

student name        age          address

reyes, ronald         30            singapore

using the macro it will be exported to excel, however, because student name data has a comma,

the macro will break it into two columns

the excel output will be like

Student name    Age             Address

Reyes               Ronald        30                  Singapore

Is there a way to correctky output the table to excel?

Thanks a lot.

Ron

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Seems Working?

1) Excel File

Capture.PNG

2) Qlikview

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi,

yes, there's  no problem displaying the data in qlikview. but if you try to export it to excel using the macro,

the output would be

student name          Age                 Address

Reyes                  Ronald               30

the macro splits the student name data into two columns i think because of the '',".

Just wondering how to correct this. Thanks.