Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a top row in table

Hi guys,

Bit of a long shot with this one.  I have a table which I would like to always have a row which appears at the top.  My table currently looks like this

Capture.PNG

I would like to add a top row like this (the row highlighted in bold)

Capture1.PNG

Does anyone know if this is possible at all?

Thanks

Jamel

6 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

could you be a bit more specific about what you want to do? Do you mean that one (existing) row in the table should always be on top, irrespective of sorting, or do you want to create a completely new header_row to show above the rest of the table?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, it is possible,

suppose you have:

Load special, product_code ....

Resident ....

Then simply

after that use:

Concatenate

Load Distinct special resident ... (the same table as before)

there are only 2 problems remaining:

The rows that you have added, having all values equal to o will no apper until you uncheck the box "Suppress zero values" in presentation tab.

The second problem is the sorting, to let appare the row in the first position

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for response.

I would always like just the one row to appear like the above screenshot in my table on the top irrespective of sorting.  I guess I could sort by price any way as the price is always set to zero in the row I would like to create.  I realise this is a tricky one so wasn't sure if this was possible to do.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help.

I have tried to concatenate the load but it is creating an extra row per product (screenshot below)

Capture.PNG

Sooooo close!

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you need your row only for one value of special write:

concatenate

Load Distinct special resident ... (the same table as before) where special ='71J'

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately that won't work as the special is always different...

If this is a not possible I will give up on this idea.  Would have been nice to get working though