Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating a KPI that shows how many items were finished within specific time ranges

Hi all

So, want I want to do is create a KPI that lets us know how many items were finished during our overtime periods (07:45 to 09:00).

I have job_instance_end_time_b which I have successfully used a table, but I am unsure how to write it up as a formula to filter between these times in a KPI.

Count({$<job_instance_end_time_b={'>7:45<9:00'}>}job_instance_end_time_b) is what I have so far, but this is not working as I had hoped (still learning this stuff!)

Thanks!

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Ahhh OK, I get you. I have done as you said, but the values still are not changing

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you add below line as 88th line. And take Filter for that new field and job_instance_end_time_b then filter on 1 then see whether it is matched or not??

LOAD

id_operator,

id_barcode,

id_job,

start_time as job_instance_start_time,

end_time as job_instance_end_time,

Year(end_time) as job_instance_end_time_year,

Month(end_time) as job_instance_end_time_month,

Day(end_time) as job_instance_end_time_day,

Date(end_time) as job_instance_end_time_date,

Week(end_time) as job_instance_end_time_week,

Time (end_time, 'hh:mm') as job_instance_end_time_b,

If(Time (end_time, 'hh:mm') > '07:45' and Time (end_time, 'hh:mm') <= '09:00', 1,0) as job_instance_end_time_b_Flag;

And, Use set analysis like below?

Count({<job_instance_end_time_b_Flag= {1}>}job_instance_end_time_b)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

When I make a filter for the new field, the only option I get is 0. Set analysis does not give any results.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Please share file again

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

I can't work out how to upload files via this chat window, so another link https://pcko365-my.sharepoint.com/personal/robb_parris_pickeringrelay_com/_layouts/15/guestaccess.as...

Thank you for your help so far btw, really grateful.

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Robert,

In your load script try replacing

Time (end_time) as job_instance_end_time_b

with

Time (Frac(end_time)) as job_instance_end_time_b

As it stands the expression

Count(if(Time(Frac(job_instance_end_time))> '07:45' and Time(Frac(job_instance_end_time))< '09:00', job_instance_end_time_b))

returns a value of 13423.

Regards

Andrew

Not applicable
Author

That seems to have worked! Thank you!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

As far i see, there is not field called end_time. Can you show us where this field comes from

LOAD

id_operator,

//     id_field,

//     job_field_value,

id_barcode,

id_job,

//     job_field_link,

start_time as job_instance_start_time,

end_time as job_instance_end_time,

Year(end_time) as job_instance_end_time_year,

Month(end_time) as job_instance_end_time_month,

Day(end_time) as job_instance_end_time_day,

Date(end_time) as job_instance_end_time_date,

Week(end_time) as job_instance_end_time_week,

Time (end_time, 'hh:mm') as job_instance_end_time_b,

If(Time (end_time, 'hh:mm') > '07:45' and Time (end_time, 'hh:mm') <= '09:00', 1,0) as job_instance_end_time_b_Flag;

SQL SELECT

s3_job_instance.id_operator,

s3_job_instance.id_barcode,

s3_job_instance.id_job,

s3_job_instance.start_time,

s3_job_instance.end_time,

FROM strip3.s3_job_instance;

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your help, but Andrews fix below has sorted my issue. Thanks again for all the time you put in helping!

Not applicable
Author

Hi again!

How would I do the above if I wanted to filter it to a specific day? (saturday for example)

Based on how the rest is laid out, I'd assume I'd use:

Count(if(Time(Frac(job_instance_end_time))> '07:30' and Time(Frac(job_instance_end_time))< '17:00' and DayName(job_instance_end_time)='Sat', job_instance_end_time_b))

But that doesn't seem to work