Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating a Master Client List

Very new to QlikView and need help creating a master client list to help with further analysis.

I am working with one simple (but large) qvd file with 28 columns.  I have a listing of every client that has visited our facility from 2010 until present.  Each row is a unique encounter and contains a column to identify Client_Name, Client_ID, Visit_Date, Visit_Time (as they may visit more than once per day).

This, however, means that a client's name and ID can repeat numerous times.  I would like to create a client list based on this information, but have no clue how to or what the necesssary terms are to search for help.

The idea is that even though a client's name and ID appear more than once, the master list will only list that cilent once.  Can this be done?  If so, how and then, how do I reference this list for all my other calculations?

Thank you in advance from a very new user.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want a unique list of clients you can simple add the clients name field to a listbox. A listbox will show only unique values. A table box object with only the client name field does the same.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want a unique list of clients you can simple add the clients name field to a listbox. A listbox will show only unique values. A table box object with only the client name field does the same.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

That works, very simple .  Thank you.

I've also been working on another problem you may have insights to:

How do I filter contents of a table and rank them at the same time?

http://community.qlik.com/thread/101682