Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating and Graphing NPV

Hello Everyone,

Searched for the past hour and couldn't find anything on this, so here it is...

I'm trying to calculate and graph NPV over 15 years. The calculations are no problem, but are slightly different for each year, with year "zero" being very different. I also have user set variables that allow folks to change such things as cost of capital, years to depreciate, etc...

I've done this in the past by having a different expression for each year (set up as a bar chart, ie Year 0, Year 1...Year 14, Year 15 all as their own expressions.

Is there some way, to have one or two dimensions, and only one expression, that would read the 0-15 Year calculations for each year? Some way to make a kind of cross-table within QV, not the load function, to show NPV per Year?

Just brainstorming, I think it can be done with a series of macros, exporting to text files, then reloading and reading from the reloaded data, but am wondering if there are some other possibilities...

For arguments sake, lets say this is the only base data to load:

Site, Current Cost

We'd use a series of variable input boxes to provide the other calculation needs and to calculate Year 1 through Year 15 costs.

The end result would be NPV per Year in a line graph...

Any ideas? 🙂

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

please help.

I am facing the same problem