Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating dimension for set analysis by combining dimensions from two datasets

Hi,

At the moment, I get both the scheduled time arrival time and the actual arrival time from the same file. To calculate the performance (truck arrives on the correct day), I added the following line to my script:

if(stp_scheduled_latest-stp_arrival_date)>=0,1,0) as [On time]

To calculate the number of late shipments, I use the following formula in my table:

=count({<[On time]={0}, FlagA={'A'}, FlagB={'B'}>} DISTINCT Order)

And to calculate the performance, I used this formula:

=count({<[On time]={1}, FlagA={'A'}, FlagB={'B'}>} DISTINCT Order)/count({<FlagA={'A'}, FlagB={'B'}>} DISTINCT Order)

I have flagged two files, because in File A I have the transport data and in file B orderdata, and I only want to see files that are in both data. The problem I have now, is that in stead of using both the scheduled arrival as the actual arrival from the transport file, I have to use the scheduled arrival time from the order file (B) and the actual arrival from the order file (A).  But as a result, I cannot use the If-statement in my script in tabel A anymore, and as a result also not the set analysis.

Anybody any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps you can use a join to create one table with some data from both files.

Temp:

LOAD * from FileA;

join(Temp)

LOAD OrderID, stp_scheduled_latest as stp_scheduled_latest_B from FileB;

Result:

Load *, if(stp_scheduled_latest_B - stp_arrival_date)>=0,1,0) as [On time]

Resident Temp;

drop Table Temp;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps you can use a join to create one table with some data from both files.

Temp:

LOAD * from FileA;

join(Temp)

LOAD OrderID, stp_scheduled_latest as stp_scheduled_latest_B from FileB;

Result:

Load *, if(stp_scheduled_latest_B - stp_arrival_date)>=0,1,0) as [On time]

Resident Temp;

drop Table Temp;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I could do that, but if I combine the data to one table, how do I make sure I only use data that is in both datasources?

Best regards,

Niek

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Niek,

could you detail a bit more how your two tables are structured and linked to each other? Also, a small sample application (best using some small inline tables, so one can modify and reload the script) would help us to help you.

Regards,

Stefan