Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Criteria on load Calculation

Hi I am trying to create a calculation with criteria,

I want to calculate the time difference from Application to any other Status in the New Status filed. The catch is that I only want this to be done if the original old status is NULL. I would like delta to be in day hour month second time frame.

Unique IDStatusChangeDateOld Status DescriptionNew Status Description
2136:45.7NULLApplication
2146:51.5Application Active
2147:08.6Active Inactive
6152:47.9NULLPending
6130:14.4Pending Active
6100:00.0Active Active with
  Audit

Best!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

So what would be the output in the sample you have provided?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

So what would be the output in the sample you have provided?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The output I am looking for would be 57 seconds (47.08.6 - 46:51.5, unique ID 21) and Unique ID 61 would not be calculated because it did not move from null -> to application -> to another status. The Null Status -> to application indicates a new person in the system and at this point I only want to look at how long it takes to move them from application to another status. Hopefully that answered your question.

Thank you for the help!

sunny_talwar

I get most of it, but have couple of questions:

1) Will a single Unique ID always have three rows or can it be more than three rows as well?

2) Also are you wanting it to be done on the front end or back end in the script?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately a Unique ID can have more than three changes, technically there is no limit. Sorry don't quite understand the difference from the from end to the back end of the script. The script I was using before was running a calc in the load script right after the corresponding table load.

Best

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try something like this:

LOAD

If([Unique ID]<>previous([Unique ID]), [Old Status Description], peek([Original Description])) as [Original Description],

If([Unique ID]=previous([Unique ID])

and [Unique ID] = peek([Unique ID],-2)

and peek([Original Description]) = 'NULL'

and peek([Old Status Description]) = 'Application',

Interval(StatusChangeDate - previous(StatusChangeDate),'d hh:mm:ss.f')) as Interval

;

LOAD

[Unique ID],

Time#([StatusChangeDate], 'mm:ss.f') as [StatusChangeDate],

[Old Status Description],

[New Status Description]

INLINE [

Unique ID, StatusChangeDate, Old Status Description, New Status Description

21, 36:45.7, NULL, Application

21, 46:51.5, Application, Active

21, 47:08.6, Active, Inactive

61, 52:47.9, NULL, Pending

61, 30:14.4, Pending, Active

61, 00:00.0, Active, Active with Audit

];

The above assumes that the records in your source table are already in chronological order. If they aren't you'll have to use an extra resident load to reorder the data. And I can't make much sense of your delta format. It certainly doesn't look like day - hour - month - second (dd hh:mm:ss). I used minute - second - fraction (mm:ss.f) to get show a result. The principle is the same whatever the actual date/time format of your StatusChangeDate field.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thank you for the help and previous advice. Question regarding the inline load would this need to be done for all the data in the source table? I am working with a million+ records and the data is updating daily with several hundred more cases.

Just for background purposes the records are not in chronological order.

Thank you again and Best!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The INLINE LOAD is just for creating a sample record set.

Replace the INLINE [.. ] with another data source, i.e. a FROM ....; or RESIDENT table load.

Using the PREVIOUS() / PEEK() approach, your data records should come in sorted appropriately. if the aren't, use a ORDER BY clause, and if your original data source does not support this, use 

LOAD ... RESIDENT YourResidentTable ORDER BY UniqueID, StatusChangeDate;

after you loaded the data from the original table.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

As Stefan mentioned the inline load is just an example. Since your data is not in chronological order you first need to load the data from the source in a temporary table and then create a new table that reorders the data.. Unless you're using an SQL statement to retrieve the data. In that case add an Order By clause to the SQL statement. But if you need to do the reordering in Qlikview:

// This assumes that StatusChangeDate already is a datetime field and not a text field.

Temp:

SELECT

"Unique ID",

"StatusChangeDate",

"Old Status Description",

"New Status Description"

FROM

MyTable;

Result:

LOAD

If([Unique ID]<>previous([Unique ID]), [Old Status Description], peek([Original Description])) as [Original Description],

If([Unique ID]=previous([Unique ID])

and [Unique ID] = peek([Unique ID],-2)

and peek([Original Description]) = 'NULL'

and peek([Old Status Description]) = 'Application',

Interval(StatusChangeDate - previous(StatusChangeDate),'d hh:mm:ss.f')) as Interval

;

LOAD

[Unique ID],

[StatusChangeDate],

[Old Status Description],

[New Status Description]

RESIDENT

Temp

ORDER BY

[Unique ID], [StatusChangeDate]

;

DROP TABLE Temp;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert for the help and background.... For some reason the interval field is not working.