Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Currency symbol - association

I have a column that is a sales value. Depending on the Country, i want to concatenate the currency symbol to the value. In the properties box i have selected the number tab and have tried to do an "IF" statement in the "format pattern" area but does not work. I also want to maintain the number to be displayed on the right side as a numeric value. See example below of what im trying to do:

If Country = USA.... value should be $ 570,989.00, if Country = South Africa then value should be R 123,125.00 etc still keeping the right alignment. This should be dynamic depending on Country.

Please could someone assist? Many Thanks

2 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Have you considered using Num() function in your expression instead of using number tab? If you have a variable which holds the currency symbol for respective country then you can use something like this...

NUM(<expr>, '$(vMyCurrency) #,##0')

Where vMyCurrency is the variable which hold the currency symbol.

If you still have the problem then please can you post a sample QV file and I can workout an example for you.

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

Hi there, sorry i didnt respond in quite a while but i have been snowed under. I have attached a QV file.

Next to SA the Currency should be "R"

Next to USA the symbol should be "$"

Next to UK the symbol should be "pound" symbol(sorry dont know where that symbol is on my pc)

totals should reflect no symbol at all

one row should look as follows R 500,000.00

Does this help?

Many Thanks

Gary