Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current/Historical data comparrison

Hi all,

I'm working with data which is daily uploaded from a live data source (stock data).

I've created a table with the stock of a certain set of items (last mutation date = 12-13 weeks ago)

"Refer to this as the selection date"

Now(say 8 weeks later), I would like to create a table which tracks the development in stock over this set of items.

So, something like the following

Selection dateselection date + 4 weeksSelection date + 8 weeks
# of stock for item 1 at selection date# of stock for item 1 at selection date + 4 weeks# of stock for item 1 at selection date +8weeks
# of stock for item 2 at selection date# of stock for item 2 at selection date + 4 weeks# of stock for item 2 at selection date +8weeks
# of stock for item 3 at selection date# of stock for item 3 at selection date + 4 weeks# of stock for item 3 at selection date +8weeks

I realize it's still a bit vague, but can anyone help me to create something like this. I think I need to store historical data on a weekly basis(with a week&year reference) such that I can load this data into a table like the one above.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Replies