Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Functions in Charts

Hi

Apologies if this belongs in extensions and integration instead, or if it addressed elsewhere, but I searched the forums and couldn't find the answer to my specific question.

I've found the posts about creating a function that can be used in loading script. This is not what I am interested in.

Can I create a function that I can use in tables and charts? I used the example provided in the script example in the forum, and it doesn't produce values when used in charts.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Joao.

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can pass arguments to expressions in variables. That allows you to build your 'functions'. See here and here

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert.

Unfortunately, this is not what I require, although I see it can be useful and powerful.

I need the ability to create more complex statistical functions e.g. if I had to create a correlation function from scratch, using vectors or matrices as inputs.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

What you want is not possible. What you could try is integrating R. That's should give you all the statistical power you could want.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert.

I have actually managed to integrate R very succesfully. Unfortunately, it is a bit slow, so I was hoping to do this within QlikView which is much faster.

Pity!

Joao.