Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reshmakala
Creator III
Creator III

Custom Month Order

Hello All,

I  have seen lot of posts regarding getting the custom month sort order and I have followed those steps. I still have a problem in the sort order. The expression am using in sort is

match(FY_Month,'Oct','Nov','Dec','Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep')

Only the month order in the sheet activated while document open is having the right order. I tried changing it to sheet2 and open. In that case Month order works in sheet2. If I open with Sheet1 as opening page, month order is correct in sheet1 and wrong in sheet2.

Attached is the sample qvw. Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Match(Only({1}FY_Month),'Oct','Nov','Dec','Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep')

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Match(Only({1}FY_Month),'Oct','Nov','Dec','Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep')

reshmakala
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you so much. Could you explain how using Only would help in this?

sunny_talwar

It seems that there were some selections which were causing the field FY_Month to become null. I just forced FY_Month to not change based on any selections using {1}. But in order to use {1}, I need some aggregation and I used Only().

reshmakala
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you!