Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cyclic group with different sum of sales amounts

Hi I want to create a cyclic group allowing users toggle between 3 various different sum of sales amounts :

SALES_1

SALES_2

SALES_3

I created a new cyclic group and added 3 calculated dimensions using SUM(SALES_1) ... however I get an 'Error in calculated dimension' error'. Is there a better way to go around this ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

Please see the attached.

Create a Group of Expression

View solution in original post

13 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Use

Aggr(SUM(SALES_1),YOURFIELDNAME)

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It would help if you posted the calculated dimensions that are not working. Even better would be a sample qvw with cyclic and the expressions.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Use can use the Group Function under Expressions.  Add each calculation as an individual expression and then use the Group function to merge them into a cyclic group.  Open the Chart Properties and then the expression tab.  Click on help and look at the section on Group to get more details.   I use this function quite often.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I should have been clearer my dimension is a multichart with fields REGION, SALESPERSON, COUNTRY.

The user wants to be able to toggle between the three sum of sales amounts

Not applicable
Author

Attached is a sample of the data. For the sake of simplicity I have not included the SALES 3 field.

Kushal_Chawda

what is there in cyclic group?

Not applicable
Author

SALESPERSON AND COUNTRY

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What type of object are you building?   If you are making a chart, you can add more than one cyclic group to the chart, same with a straight table.  You could have a cyclic group for Salesperson and one for Country.  I use charts with multiple cyclic groups frequently.  One of my straight tables has health care claims and I have built a 4 level taxonomy in a cyclic group to show the level of detail I want.  Right next to it is a cyclic group to show either provider name, tax id or provider group.  I use the same logic in bar charts.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike yes it's a straight table. This doesnt however solve my problem. The issue is I need to be able to build a cyclic group showing the sum of sales for both SALES 1 and SALES 2.