Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II

DSE and dates in reference lines

Hi,

I am tring to get the below formula to work and I am having trouble with the DSE part.

[Reporting Date]={$(=date(vMaxTtmp))}

The full formula:

sum(distinct {<[Issue Owned by]={'Market Risk All'},[Threshold Assessment Of The Risk]={'Medium'},[Threshold On Target / Overdue]={'On Target'},[Threshold]={'Red Threshold'},[Reporting Date]={$(=date(vMaxTtmp))}>}[Threshold Data])

I load in all the Reporting data like this:

date([Reporting Date],'DD/MM/YYYY') 

And I find the VMaxTtmp like this:

TMP:
LOAD
min([Threshold Reporting Date]) as mini,
max([Threshold Reporting Date]) as maxi
Resident [Threshold_table];
Let vMinTtmp = peek('mini',0,'TMP');
Let vMaxTtmp = peek('maxi',0,'TMP');
drop table TMP;

When swap the DSE in the first formula to:Reporting Date]={'01/01/2016'} I return the correct answer but when I use the first formula I do not get a value, when test in a text box this formula: date(vMaxTtmp) . The right answer is returned ( 01/01/2016). So where is my DSE going wrong?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

This was my solution "$(=date(vMaxTtmp))"}

I think that by not including the "" the user would have to select a range of dates, and as 01/01/2016 is not selected nothing is returned.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Just to be sure 01/01/2016 is DD/MM/YYYY and not MM/DD/YYYY, I will add the date format within my date function and see if that helps:

Sum(Distinct {<[Issue Owned by]={'Market Risk All'}, [Threshold Assessment Of The Risk]={'Medium'}, [Threshold On Target / Overdue]={'On Target'}, [Threshold]={'Red Threshold'}, [Reporting Date]={$(=Date(vMaxTtmp, 'DD/MM/YYYY'))}>}[Threshold Data])

Anonymous
Not applicable

may be this?

sum(distinct {<[Issue Owned by]={'Market Risk All'},[Threshold Assessment Of The Risk]={'Medium'},[Threshold On Target / Overdue]={'On Target'},[Threshold]={'Red Threshold'},[Reporting Date]={'=$(=date(vMaxTtmp,'DD/MM/YYYY'))}>} [Threshold Data])

tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

This was my solution "$(=date(vMaxTtmp))"}

I think that by not including the "" the user would have to select a range of dates, and as 01/01/2016 is not selected nothing is returned.