Skip to main content
Announcements
Do More with Qlik - Qlik Cloud Analytics Recap and Getting Started, June 19: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dashboard based on user selection

Hi,

Our requirement is to load different portfolios data into QV report. To do this, we have 2 scripts, one is creating the QVDs for each portfolio and second is extracting from the QVDs and creating the Dashboard.

The first script creates different files based on input details like periodid and portfolio name. e.g PortRes_GRP_201012.qvd, PortRes_GRP_201009.qvd, PortRes_GRP_201006.qvd, PortRes_HBFR_201012.qvd, PortRes_HBFR_201009.qvd etc etc.

The second script always reads the latest 2 periods, calculates and displays the data on a dashboard. We are using pivot tables to display the results.

And finally we will share the dashboard to users so that they can view the data. Previously we are creating different dashboards for each portfolio like GRP, HBFR etc. Now i want to create a single report (because the layout is same for all portfolios) based on user selections.

If the user select GRP, then the report should show only GRP results and same as if the user selects HBFR, it should select only HBFR results. Here my problem is, first i am loading all Portfolio QVDs using the first script. So when i run the second script, initially it is showing the combined results of all the portfolios. So how can i hide the results initially and display only when user selects the portfolio name?

Is there any better approach to achieve this? Please suggest me.

0 Replies