Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Data Island

Hello,

I am loading QVDS from the last 3 days using the script below. it is working fine BUT because of the qualify I get a table for each day.

How can I now concaternate the same tables together (e.g. all hardwares together in 1 table and all devices together in 1 table)

QUALIFY*;
For Each vTable in 'Devices', 'Hardware'

For i=1 to 3
  Let Source = '$(vL.QVDExtractSourcePath)$(vTable)_' & date(today()-$(i), 'YYYYMMDD') & '.qvd';

$(vTable):

LOAD *,

FileBaseName() as QVDNAME

FROM [$(Source)] (qvd);

Next

Next

9 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Perhaps something like this:

For Each vTable in 'Sales', 'Customers', 'Orders'

Let Source = '$(vL.SourcePath)$(vTable)_' & date(today()-$(i), 'YYYYMMDD') & '.qvd';

For i=1 to 3

$(vTable):

LOAD *,

FROM [$(Source)] (qvd);

Next

Next

Change the first line to match your actual requirements.These values are part of the filename (in Source) and used as the final table names as well. The date will not split out the files.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Instead of that long what was the happening with this below code

Table1:

Load *,

FROM [$(Source)] (qvd);

Final:

Load *

Resident Table1

Where Replace(SubField($(Source),'_', -1),'.qvd',' ') >= Date(Today()-3, 'YYYYMMDD')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Jonathan,

all the scripts are working the issue is that am getting a synthetic key because the tables are linking.

I don't want to link the tables . also I want 3days qvd per table.

I tried using Qualify but it returning 1 day per table so for  3 tables am getting 3*3 =9 separate tables. I want 3 separate tables.

Thanks

didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Anil thanks for your suggestion but I can't use this because I have 1000s of QVD . IT will load them into memory first.

avinashelite

How is those QVD structure ..do they have same number of columns and names??

could you explain bit more on this so that it will be helpful or share a sample app with 3*3 tables so that we could understand the qvd structure

didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Avinash,

so let's assume the 9 qvds below. the content of test1 for all dates is the samenumber of colums etc..  this applies to test2 and test3.

what I am trying to achieve is to view the last 3 days QVD per table (test1;test2;test3) and I don't want the table to be linked because then I will have synthetic keys I want the tables to load as Island tables Test1  Test2   Test3  containing the last 3 days data.

sasikanth
Master
Master

Try this

For  i=1 to 2

If $(i)=1  Then

Table1:

Load *,

FROM Table1

Where Replace(SubField($(Source),'_', -1),'.qvd',' ') >= Date(Today()-3, 'YYYYMMDD')

ELSEIF $(i)=2  then

Table2:

Load *,

FROM [$(Source)] (qvd);

ENDIF

NEXT i;

didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

seems to be missing something.

avinashelite

Try this

For Each vTable in 'Sales', 'Customers', 'Orders'

Let Source = '$(vL.SourcePath)$(vTable)_' & date(today()-$(i), 'YYYYMMDD') & '.qvd';

For i=1 to 3

$(vTable):

LOAD *,

FROM [$(Source)] (qvd);

if i=1 then

Qualify *;

$(vTable)_New:

Resident

$(vTable);

Drop table $(vTable);

end if