Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Reduction using Section Access with UserId's in SQL Server database

Hi Mates,

I have a table in SQL Server that has follwing columns userid, password, [ReductionColumn]

The data in the qlikview document will be reduced based on this [ReductionColumn].

Can anybody tell me how can I load this user information in the Section Access with all this users be assigned USER ACCESS?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ritesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gustav_Guldberg
Employee
Employee

Ritesh,

I guess you want to join the users with the admins?

This should work:

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, REDUCTIONCOLUMN
ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN,
];
LOAD
'USER' AS ACCESS,
upper([userid]) as USERID,
upper([password]) as PASSWORD,
upper(ReductionColumn) AS REDUCTIONCOLUMN
FROM (SQL)
Section Application;

Regards,

Gustav

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gustav_Guldberg
Employee
Employee

Ritesh,

I guess you want to join the users with the admins?

This should work:

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, REDUCTIONCOLUMN
ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN,
];
LOAD
'USER' AS ACCESS,
upper([userid]) as USERID,
upper([password]) as PASSWORD,
upper(ReductionColumn) AS REDUCTIONCOLUMN
FROM (SQL)
Section Application;

Regards,

Gustav

Not applicable
Author

Awesome!!

It works perfectly on my desktop. But when I deploy it to Qlikview server and am trying to access it through IE accesspoint I am not able to login to the document. It asks me the userid and password and then I provide the correct user id and password for admin but the document does not open.

I am able to open it directly though.

Do I need to do some server settings to make it work?

Gustav_Guldberg
Employee
Employee

Hi again,

This should work just fine, no additional settings on the server side are needed.
The only difference is that all users have "USER" status, so there are no ADMINs when accessing via QVS.
Make sure you reload and save the document and don't make any additional changes to the document before putting putting the document in your documents directory.
If you run into a userid/password "loop" there could be something in your reduction that's failing.
I woul dtry to run the application without the reduction field at first to make sure that the Section Access part is valid.

Regards,

Gustav

Not applicable
Author

Thanks GGG

You are right it worked fine when I removed the reduction column form my load script. I wanted to reload the document on the server so when specifying the reload task I had to check the section access check box and give it a userid and password as Admin for it to reload successfully. I selected the reload option as "Reload at the current location"

It worked only for username ADMIN. for other users I am still going into userid/password loop.

So far so good... But following the same steps when I provide a reduction column and follow the same steps as above I am getting into a userid/password loop when publishing on the server. It works fine when I open the document locally.

Ritesh