Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claudio1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Data Reduction with Strict Exclusion and Superusers

Hi,

I need to set up a section access with data reduction in one of my reports and i have the following problem :

I don't want a user with a value not present in the Data Reduction field to see all my data, so i suppose i have to enable the option "Strict Exclusion".

Though, If i enable it i have another problem, i can't have any "superuser" who can see all the data (not only the values listed in the section access but all the data inside the report).

I need both these features, and i can't change my data structure :

1. Users with values in section access missing in the DR field should NOT be able to access the report.

2. Certain users (superusers) should be able to se ALL the data in the DR field, not only the values listed inside the section access.

Example :

My report data for the Data Reduction field :

DR
A
B
C
D
E
F

My section access:

Users:

LOAD * inline [

ACCESS,NTNAME,DR

USER,DOMAIN\USER1,A

USER,DOMAIN\USER2,B

USER,DOMAIN\USER3,E

ADMIN,DOMAIN\SUPERUSER,*

];

using the instruction "Star is *" with "Strict Exclusion" the result is the user SUPERUSER can see A, B and E but i want him to see A, B, C, D, E and F.

I am looking for a suitable way to achieve this, is there a way to tell the data reduction to show all the report data when the "Strict Exclusion" option is enabled?

Thanks in advance.

Claudio

4 Replies
Not applicable

Instead of putting  a * there, you leave it blank

Your statement will be:

Section Access;

Users:

LOAD * inline [

ACCESS,NTNAME,DR

USER,DOMAIN\USER1,A

USER,DOMAIN\USER2,B

USER,DOMAIN\USER3,E

ADMIN,DOMAIN\SUPERUSER,

USER,DOMAIN\USER4,

];

the User "SuperUser" with Admin Access will be able to see all the data while User4 will not be allowed to open the document.

Have a happy learning.

rohan_mulay
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

HI Claudio,

As per your requirement, first thing you should do is un-tick the 'Strict Exclusion'(but keep initial data reduction checked). This is because once you tick Strict Exclusion it wont allow you to keep any cell Blank in your Section Access table. Now if a user is super user, keep the cell blank from DR column due to which the user can see all the values for DR present in the datamodel.
maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe

when you load the document with section access, use the DR field to add all the needed rows for the superuser

concatenate (Users)

load  // or load distinct

'ADMIN' as ACCESS

'DOMAIN\SUPERUSER' as NTNAME,

DR

from

.....;          // a table with DR field

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you use this technique, drop all users from SA that should be denied access to your document. Disabling Strinct Exclusion will always and automatically grant them access to everything if they appear in your SA table without a DR value...