Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Reloading in Qlikview File

Hi

In my local system, I developed a qlikview file with Qlikview Personal Edition and I used MySQL database as well.

I deployed that file in the Qlikview Server, now I need to do the data reloading in the .qvw file; the .qvw file is in the Qlikview server and I have MySQL database in another system. I am not sure how to get the data from my database. I try to do it by MySQL odbc data source and it is giving some errors.

Could any one let me know how to do this one. Thank you.

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You should be able to load from MySql in a server reload.  Just like on the desktop, you will need to define the ODBC datasource on the server, have proper securoty credentials and network connectivity to the database.

Can you post the error message (from the document log) that you are getting in the reload?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi rwunderlich

I fixed that issue. I have created a ODBC data source on the server, which fetches data from my local system.

When I click on "Now Reload" button under QMC->Documents->User Documents->QVS@myserver->myfile.qvw->Reload tab, it is generating a log file (in which I can able to see that it is fetching data from database).

But I clearly observe that whatever the changes I have done in database are not showing in the qlikview file, when I open that file in Access Point. Do you have any idea regarding this.

Note : I can't open .qvw file in the server directly by simply double clicking on that file.