Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Source with variable Headers

Hello,

i have some questions, hopefully you can help me again.

I am working with qlikview 2 weeks now and its getting better every day... But due my limited programer skills sometimes i cant help it... i just have to ask.

What i got:

I have Data sources that refresh once a month, with fix headers and every month additional headers with Infos for the past Month... looks like this:

Buyer Nr, Adress (FIX), xx 01-2012, xx 02-2012, xx-03.2012(Every month)....

My Script now covers the Data source completely with one exception: I Manually change every month the name of last Header so it can be reloeaded in qlikview. I am working only with the latest infos.

Example: I rename xx 03-2012 in xx and then i reload the data. I dont use xx 01-2012 and xx 02-2012

What i want:

I would like to work with all the Data in the Datasource without adding every month a new line in the script, without changeing header names.

My questions:

1. Is there a command in the scripts that says: Give me everytime you reload the Data the whole data back and not only the one i mentioned in the script?

2. Is there another way but 1)?

3. I have some graphs and pivots with the info that are in this columns, is there a way the columns will be added into them or do i have to add them manually?

4. Indirect related to this theme: In one Column i got X, O, K, L as values. Can somebody tell me the command for count the values(calculated field) I Mean: I Add 4 calculated fields, Count X, Count O,...

Thank you very much for your help.

Greetings,

Kristian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

To load all of the data in a file, you can do so like this:

Table:

LOAD *

FROM abc.csv;

You will have to change pivots and graphs manually if you want to add in the new fields.

I hope this is helpful!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Nicole-Smith

To load all of the data in a file, you can do so like this:

Table:

LOAD *

FROM abc.csv;

You will have to change pivots and graphs manually if you want to add in the new fields.

I hope this is helpful!