Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data based on different date variables?

Hi All,

I have a simple question, but probably with a complicated answer.

I have a data table which contains simplified:

Customer - Order - Article - #Delivered - #Sales - #Returns - OrderDATE - SalesDATE

Now I get stock reports from the customers which contain the following:

Customer - Article - #Stockamount - StockDATE

Now I want to calculate their #Stockamount and our virtual stock amount (as a sum: #Delivered - #Sales - #Returns = stock) and compare those.

But now I only want to use their latest StockDATE (ie. sum({<StockDATE = {$(=max(StockDATE))}>} #Stockamount)) to calculate their stock.

Here I run into problem 1; It will only calculate based on the max StockDATE found, not per customer in the table., untill I select a customer.

The second problem I have is that I want to base the #Delivered, #Sales and #Returns on DATE, everything between first known date UNTILL the max StockDATE, And this is different for each customer as well.

Any thought or ideas?

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Try for your first topic something like this:

sum(aggr(firstsortedvalue(#Stockamount, -StockDATE), Customer))

By your second topic I'm not sure if something similar could be applied. Quite often it's helpful to precalculate such things like the max(StockDATE) within the script like:

MaxStockDATE:

Load Customer, max(StockDATE) as MaxStockDATE Resident abc Group by Customer;

and use this field within your expressions.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply. The firstsortedvalue aggr doesnt give me any good results.

About the second part, I have added that to the script already. But How can I filter? It won't be linked to any of my dates whatsoever and I can't get it to work properly in my expressions. I will post an example asap. Reloading as we speak..