Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data changes when load is expanded

I am trying to load a date function into Qlikview. When I restrict the load to just three accounts the dates pull in correctly (see example).

Capture.JPG

However, when I unrestrict the load to view all accounts some of the dates do not pull in correctly (see example2).

Capture.JPG

The OriginalDate on account 0039135 should be 10/11/11 in example2.

Can anyone shed some light on this situation?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

It shows up correctly in the chart if you make your dimension:

=date(OriginalDate)

I'm guessing this may have to do with the way the date is stored in your .qvd file (maybe it is different from the way the other dates are stored)?  The above will solve your problem on your chart though.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Nicole-Smith

When you load the OriginalDate field, let QlikView know it is a date:

date(OriginalDate)

You can also specify how you want to date to look if you want to delve into it even further...

Not applicable
Author

Nicole,

In the load I am using the following script to specify the date:

Date(Date#(OriginalDate,'YYMMDD'),'MM/DD/YY') as OriginalDate,

It works for most dates but there are a few like the example that are not converting.

Nicole-Smith

Can you post a .qvw with some example data (if you can't share your own data) so that I can take a closer look?

Not applicable
Author

Here is a test .qvw. As you can see PolicyNumberC = 0039135 is pulling correctly when I load the individual PolicyNumberC but if I expand the load it does not pull correctly.

Thanks.

Nicole-Smith

It shows up correctly in the chart if you make your dimension:

=date(OriginalDate)

I'm guessing this may have to do with the way the date is stored in your .qvd file (maybe it is different from the way the other dates are stored)?  The above will solve your problem on your chart though.

Not applicable
Author

That seems to have worked. Thanks so much!!