Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saradhi_it
Creator II
Creator II

Data issue in back end aggregation

Hi

we are planning a  search dashboard with the data was huge we did some front aggregations like (count(distinct) in the dashboard but for optimization purpose my manger told me to all the aggregations ,if i did back end aggregations my data was getting doubled

Example : Count(DISTINCT if(cdate>= vStartdate and cdate<=vEnddate and stage_no=1, cookie))  the value was 63130

with aggregationed changes in the backend  i used this formula

sum(DISTINCT if(cdate>= vStartdate and cdate<=vEnddate and stage_no=1, Search) the value was 124212

it was doubled and it was wrong , i tried so many changes i commented the stages and cookie columns but the result was same

i'm sharing the code which i used

SEARCH:

LOAD

autonumber(cookie & cdate) as cookie,

date(cdate) as  cdate,

MonthName(cdate) as c_Month,

channel,

stage,

stage_no,

Booking_no,

test_ids

FROM

(qvd)

where   match(stage_no,'1','5','7','8','9','10')

and cookie <>'Unknown' and match(channel,'SITE','MOBILE');

NoConcatenate

SEARCH1:

LOAD 

cookie,

cdate, 

channel,

stage,

stage_no,

Booking_no,

test_ids

count(DISTINCT if( stage='1', cookie)) as STAGE1,

Count( DISTINCT if( stage=8, cookie)) as STAGE2,

Count( DISTINCT if( stage=9, cookie)) as STAGE3,

Count( DISTINCT if(stage=10, cookie)) as STAGE4,

Count( DISTINCT if( stage=7, cookie)) as STAGE5,

Resident SEARCH

where  match(channel,'SITE') AND len(test_ids)>0

group by

apache_cookie,

cookie,

cdate, 

c_Week,  

c_Week,

channel,

domain,

stage,

stage_no,

sector,

Booking_no,

test_ids

drop table SEARCH;

Regards

Pardhu

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't even feel performance issue while using this on front-end. Can you share your rows in that object

Count(DISTINCT if(cdate>= vStartdate and cdate<=vEnddate and stage_no=1, cookie))

Changed to below and Try from your end then check how index seems in GDB{Governance Dashboard} -  {If available}.

Count({<cdate = {">= $(vStartdate) <= $(vEnddate)"}, stage_no={'1'}>} DISTINCT cookie)

The reason i am feeling change is, Aggregation good and works too in script level. But, It effect to the DM

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
saradhi_it
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Actually the data was historical and we are thinking if the data was Aggregation in the backend we are assuming it will decrease dashboard size

Anil_Babu_Samineni

True, I agree for your way.

But, In script i didn't feel any wrong. So, I will explain you one thing

Recently(8 Months back) i did Aggregation on script only. After that i removed that Pivot / Straight objects and used Table box for Aggregation fields simply and then It showing Out of memory with X Mark.

Hope clear and helps to you

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
saradhi_it
Creator II
Creator II
Author

the set analysis was not working showing zero values

Anil_Babu_Samineni

It should work, Can you share the snap where it is not working