Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jossebb1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Data points of a line do not appear in the right position

hi,

i have two dimension and three expressions. The third expression is a line. I expect the data points on the line to appear over the second dimension, but instead they are appearing over the first dimension. I can't seem to figure out what im doing wrong. Can anyone point me into the right direction?

Thanks

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

you Need to give a velue to the Maximum of the right axes (for the line)

it may be something like this

max(2ndexpression)/max(1stexpression)*max(3rdexpression)

the max in your example will be like

70000/10000 *100 = 700

your line should be drawn above the first expression

jossebb1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi Rudolf,

Thank you for your message, but I don't think your suggestion answers my question (please correct me if im wrong!)

To clarfiy a bit more, this is how i would like to see the line (see below). The data points should hang over Canc and Newm instead of over the anonimized first dimension.

Anonymous
Not applicable

now i understand, i donot have a solution for that Problem

sorry for the misunderstanding

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share your qvw file if possible to look into?

jossebb1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi Vishwarath,

unfortunatly I cant because of the business information i would be sharing. However I made some screenshots and changed some names in the definitions, I hope this helps !

(Since my first post I simplified the expressions a bit, there are now only 2 expression left: volume and percentage).

Expressions:

Count({<TYPE={'OUTGOING'}>}Category)

Ceil(Count({<TYPE={'OUTGOING'},MANUAL_EDITS={'0'}>}Category) / Count({<TYPE={'OUTGOING'}>}Category) * 100, 0.01)

Please let me know if you want to have a look at anything else!

jossebb1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

any other ideas? help would be greatly appreciated

Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, what you're trying to do is not possible. I had the same issue a few months ago and had no luck at all coming up with an answer.

jossebb1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

this sounds so counter intuitive to me, I expected it to be something quite simple that i missed.

what did you do in the end, create more than one chart?

Or
MVP
MVP

I broke the problem down into segments and displayed the same information using different means. In my case, I was trying to line up two symbols with two bars, rather than lines, so I had more options than you do. In your case, I think you're probably going to have to use either multiple charts of a trellis.

I agree that it seems like something that "should work", but as it turns out, QlikView doesn't do a very good job at handling a chart that has multiple dimensions, multiple expressions, and multiple display types. Perhaps someone else will see this and have a way around it - I couldn't find any myself or online.