Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arixooo123
Creator III
Creator III

Data refresh taking too much time

Hey Guys,

I created a data model from loading a couple of QVD files, joining or concatenating, creating the fact and dimensions to reach to a star schema.

now that everything is ready, I realized that it takes 20 minutes to create the model. 

Some of our QVD files are updated every 4 hours and some of them are updated every 15 minutes.

To capture the QVD changes in the data model, I guess I need to refresh the data every 15 minutes. This means the app will be reloading all the time.

Is there any way to only refresh the data model based on the 15-minute qvds and not all the other qvds?

Many thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You should use the binary load option.

You can create one application (QVW) file, which will have the data model created with the QVDs which gets refreshed in 4 hours and then take that as a binary load, and create a data model with the QVDs which gets refreshed in 15 min.

This way you can save the reload time.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You should use the binary load option.

You can create one application (QVW) file, which will have the data model created with the QVDs which gets refreshed in 4 hours and then take that as a binary load, and create a data model with the QVDs which gets refreshed in 15 min.

This way you can save the reload time.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
arixooo123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Wow,

Thanks Kaushik

That's an awesome idea, I am gonna definitely try that.

One more thing, Is it possible to do me a favor and check my script at below link and let me know what you think?

Incremental Load on monthly Partitioned QVDs