Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date format

Hi,

I have a date column which I'm not able to convert to MM/DD/YYYY format. I used Date(LONG_DATE,'MM/DD/YYYY')AS DATE in the LOAD script but getting no data return.

Also, I'm trying to find if any country went from a count in previous month to zero in the next month. Please advise how to construct the expression.

For example Country Mexico filed 2 on 11/30/2013, and filed 0 in 12/31/2013. This is something I want to highlight.

This is the expression I have but it is not working:

Expression: SUM({<METRIC_NAME={'Filed'},Date={'11/30/2013'}>}METRIC_VALUE)-SUM({<METRIC_NAME={'Filed'},Date={'12/31/2013'}>}METRIC_VALUE)

Dimension: Country

Thank you so much for your help!

Jasmine

9 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Jasmine,

what form does the date_value take such as you get it directly from your database?

=> Test the DATE#() function, specifying the format your date has (helps if it is not categorized as a "date" value in the database)

=> For that month_over_month figure to calculate, you could then just use the month() function, that way you wouldn't have to always specify the exact dates.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

maxgro
MVP
MVP

for first question use date# instead of date 

Not applicable
Author

Hi DataNibbler,

Thank you for your quick response, I used DATE#() and it works, but it displays the date like 11/30/2013 0:00, Do you know how to remove 0:00?

I get the concept but unable to construct the expression. Also, could you elaborate how to use month() function for the month over month calculation?

Thanks,

Jasmine

Not applicable
Author

Try using :

=Date(Floor(Date#(Long_Date,'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm')))

And What is the format foryour Date field.?

Thanks,

Angad

Not applicable
Author

Hi Angad,

I used =Date(Floor(Date#(Long_Date,'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm'))) and didn't return anything. I want to change the format to MM/DD/YYYY.

Date#(LONG_DATE, 'MM/DD/YYYY') but it came back with 11/30/2013 0:00. I want to eliminate 0:00.

Thank you!

Jasmine

Not applicable
Author

use:

date(floor(Date#(LONG_DATE,'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm')),'MM/DD/YYYY')

Not applicable
Author

Somehow it is not working

Not applicable
Author

Try Like below:

Date(Floor(Date#(Long_Date,'DD/MM/YYYY')),'YYYY-MM-DD') 

You can change the bold area what format u need.

Not applicable
Author

I used the same expression, please see the attached. It worked for me

Thanks,

Angad