Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliktech_uk
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date part missing.

Hi

I have a field taken from a spreadsheet that has a timestamp however for few records it just has the time. How do I populate the missing date? WHen I calculate the interval I get the wrong figures as its subtracting  time (epoch date I assume)  from the timestamp.

eg: 11:30:00  - 23/10/2017 11:10:10

Your help is appreciated.

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What are you expecting from above timestamp?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
qliktech_uk
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I just need to get the time difference. I tried stripping off the date part but wasnt successfull.

eg: 11:30:00  - 23/10/2017 11:10:10

So the above example should give me 20.

qliktech_uk
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can I use the function right and get the time part?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

=Interval(Frac(Date(Date#('FieldName1,'hh:mm:ss'),'mm') - Date(Date#(FieldName2, 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss'),'mm')),'mm')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If the fields are already timestamps, you could simply try like:

Interval(Field1-Frac(Field2), 'm')

If the fields are string, convert them using parsing functions like date#(), timestamp#().. and then apply the same logic

its_anandrjs

Then why not remove dates from the rows also and do interval match for the hh:mm:ss

Interval( Field1  -  TimeStamp(TimeStamp#(Right(Field2,8),'hh:mm:ss'),'hh:mm:ss') , 'mm')