Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date problem while exporting to excel using macro

Hi all,

I created a macro to export a table to excel, but unfortunately the some dates in excel are different from the original table.

For example: In original date I have 06/05/2013 but when I export using the macro the date comes to 05/06/2013. Only with some dates. Most of them I get the expected result.

I have tried putting Date(field, "DD/MM/YYYY") on script and also on table properties but no success at all.

Do you guys have some ideia on how to workaround that?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

In the variables in the "Main" script window, make sure you have the below entry..

SET DateFormat='MM/DD/YYYY';

Hope this helps...

balabhaskarqlik

May be this:

=date#(<date filed>,'DD/MM/YYYY')

or

=date(date#(<date filed>,'DD/MM/YYYY'),<Formt code>)

To convert in Excel, click column A and chcnge the format to Short Date.Then select Data|Text to columns and click Finish

Instead of using Send to Excel:

If you are using the IE PlugIn, you can right-click and choose Copy to Clipboard|Full Table. Then paste into Excel

Or Right-Click and Export to csv. Then open in Excel.

Some time on charts, that needs exporting we ended up giving Fast Change option to clients.

Also check this link:

Date changes to Number when export to Excel | Qlik Community

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all

In the script code, format all dates as date(<date filed>,'YYYY/MM/DD'). When it exported, the date format turns automatically into DD/MM/YYYY for some unknown reason. But it worked.

Safa_Guedria
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

I face the same issue.

Did you found a solution please?

Thank you