Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date problem while exporting to excel using macro

Hi all,

I created a macro to export a table to excel, but unfortunately the some dates in excel are different from the original table.

For example: In original date I have 06/05/2013 but when I export using the macro the date comes to 05/06/2013. Only with some dates. Most of them I get the expected result.

I have tried putting Date(field, "DD/MM/YYYY") on script and also on table properties but no success at all.

Do you guys have some ideia on how to workaround that?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

In the variables in the "Main" script window, make sure you have the below entry..

SET DateFormat='MM/DD/YYYY';

Hope this helps...

balabhaskarqlik

May be this:

=date#(<date filed>,'DD/MM/YYYY')

or

=date(date#(<date filed>,'DD/MM/YYYY'),<Formt code>)

To convert in Excel, click column A and chcnge the format to Short Date.Then select Data|Text to columns and click Finish

Instead of using Send to Excel:

If you are using the IE PlugIn, you can right-click and choose Copy to Clipboard|Full Table. Then paste into Excel

Or Right-Click and Export to csv. Then open in Excel.

Some time on charts, that needs exporting we ended up giving Fast Change option to clients.

Also check this link:

Date changes to Number when export to Excel | Qlik Community

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all

In the script code, format all dates as date(<date filed>,'YYYY/MM/DD'). When it exported, the date format turns automatically into DD/MM/YYYY for some unknown reason. But it worked.

Safa_Guedria
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

I face the same issue.

Did you found a solution please?

Thank you