Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Brunner
Creator
Creator

Dates in Variables but Formatting Issue In Textbox

Hi All,

I have been trying several different ways to Display a Date which actually is in correct Format in a Variable

but when I try to display this in a text box I can not get it to format correctly?

see attachment

any Help appreciated and is there any quick reference sheet with formatting dates in script expressions, text boxes etc.;?

thanks Peter

12 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Peter, not sure what the issue is, I've created a text box and used

=vDateFromDisplay

and got back

13/06/16

sunny_talwar

Try this:

='From Date'&'  ' &vDateFromDisplay&' '&'To Date ' &$(vDatesTo)&'   '&'........I need this to show 13/06/16'

Capture.PNG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The complete expression with from and to date then looks like

='From Date'&'  ' & vDateFromDisplay &' '&'To Date ' & vDatetoDisplay

Reason why your version did not work:

After the dollar sign expansion the expression looks like

='From Date'&'  ' & 13/06/16  &' '&'To Date ' & vDatetoDisplay

and 13 divided by 6 divided by 16 equals to 0,13541666666666666666666666666667

Peter_Brunner
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Stefan,

thanks for this

I was trying to using these formats

$(vDateFromDisplay)  or   ' $(vDateFromDisplay) '  but did not use vDateFromDisplay

also your explanation makes sense now why I was getting decimal value

It would be good to get these rules straight where to use what format e.g.:  Script , Expression Textbox for variables

Thanks again

regards Peter

Peter_Brunner
Creator
Creator
Author

Stefan,

I wish to mark your answer correct ...I always have trouble seeing this Correct answer button , all I see is the actions drop down and mark a Helpful !!

How do I navigate to this button correctly ?...currently my discussion is waiting for Moderation to accept my reply

does this have an effect on this button ...tried 2 browsers but I can not see it in either

I think a lot of other users have this very same issue!

thanks Peter

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You should be able to see the button when opening the full thread in the browers (not viewing from within the inbox)

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Peter_Brunner
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Stefan,

I have read your link but  No Go, I can not see button ..see below what i see this page has white back ground and I clicked by hit heading

Stefan please explain step by step how I get to this button ?

see below this is what I see this page has white back ground and I clicked by hit heading

this page I am looking at .....the address =.Dates in Variables but Formatting Issue In Textbox

Peter

ButtonMissing.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

It seems like you haven't marked the discussion as question, so there is no option to mark it as answered

(not sure if you can set it to closed at all, is there an option at the very top, near the first post?).

2016-06-16 00_54_19-Start New Discussion _ Qlik Community.png

If there is an option to close the thread in any way, do so. If not, don't worry.

Regards,

Stefan

Peter_Brunner
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Stefan,

I have checked but there is no way I can see to close it ...I have looked under Edit but nothing to fix this,

also I have re loaded a new discussion and I noticed that the mark for discussion box is ticked by default ??

and why would it let me mark it Helpful if it was not a question?

anyway I will double check next discussion I do , it seems very erratic very frustrating not knowing !

sorry Stefan

thanks again

regards Peter