Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gandalf21
Contributor
Contributor

Decoding Binary Data

Hello,

Can anyone help me to understand if there is Binary decoding functionality in Qlikview?

I have a list of attachments stored in the table encoded in BASE64BIT.I could decode it in Binary.But couldn't find the option in Qlikview to decode it and display as the attachment file.

Any help will be deeply appreciated 🙂

Thanks,

Geethu

2 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

Hi Geethu,

I don't think this is possible with the current versions (to be confirmed by the experts).

But in my opinion tries to use the decode at SQL level before loading the results into Qlik.

a link on the subject Link 

Taoufiq

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Gandalf, I am in agreement with Taoufiq on this one, I am not aware of any means to decode this on our side, I looked around in the Help site, but I was not able to find anything, so I believe the other post is the likely best answer.  If you found what you needed from the link provided there, be sure to circle back and use the Accept as Solution button on that post to give credit for the assistance and let other Community Members know that helped.  Sorry I do not have something better for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.