Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arusanah
Creator II
Creator II

Default Values for Document

HI There,

I need to set some default values for my Document :

My document is dynamic . All charts and reports are generated on selections . what I want is, when I open my app it should not display blank reports or charts, it should have some default values populated , how to do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

It would be better to create a bookmark so that OnOpen works both for IE plugin and the Ajax client

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III

You can do this in some ways:-

1. Select the selections you want and save the application as it is so that when you open the app those selections will be

2. GOTO Settings->DOcument Properties->Triggers and give actions for ONOpen document

I would 'Select In Field' action for the selections I want.

arusanah
Creator II
Creator II
Author

There is another way of doing this found it yesterday. .

Create a list box with that field . select one value and in general select as Always one selected option .

Don't know how I missed that part before

Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III

OK. Mark the question as answered if you got it solved.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

The only problem with this is that you will only be able to select 'one' value in the list box.

Andy

arusanah
Creator II
Creator II
Author

yes ,  true

what i needed as of now was when user opens a document he shoud not see a blank report . so i created a listbox for date and selected one date as always selected  . I guess applying this condition on date solves problem otherwise we have to create separate list boxes with this condition .

Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III

What if you want the report for all the dates or just no selections on date .You have to clear the date filter to do this.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

It would be better to create a bookmark so that OnOpen works both for IE plugin and the Ajax client

arusanah
Creator II
Creator II
Author

we can make selections as and when we need .  The requirement was that the report shouldnt look blank when user opens it. 

currently its a dynamic report and it just displays msg as select dimension and metrics , which user was not comfortable with.