Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Default selection concat function

Hi all,

I am using a concat list box with multiple values.

How can I define the default selection of this list box (without touching the script). If this is not possible, how can I tell QV to select all of the values? When I now open the tab, maybe all of them are selected, but when I then click on one, all the others get unselected (instead of unselecting the one I clicked on).

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

You can use on-open trigger to select whatever you want to select in your list box.

for your second question, may be do it in two steps. first select the value you want to exclude. and then right click on your list box and select 'Select Excluded'

Not applicable
Author

Yes, but how do I define which ones should be selected? I know how to add an "on open" action (I will pick "Select in field"?)

My concat list box is defined as "drop down concat" and it contains 4 values (one, two, tree, four), how do I define my Field and especially my Search String?

Concerning the second part. I did it the opposite way: "select all" and then deselected what I didn't need. I just thought there would be a better way to do this...

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Another option for the second question is to set the listbox selection method to 'windows check-boxes', I personally find that end users find these a lot easier to use!

Also double check that you don't have 'only one selected value' selected.

Not applicable
Author

I am using the windows check-boxes, but that is not the issue.

The problem is, when I open the tab, the table is fully expanded => OK. So you'd think all of the values are selected and if I now click one, that one would get deselected?

That is not the case! When I now select one, that one is the only one selected, and all of the others get deselected.

To solve this I now have to 'right click > select all', then all of them are 'officially selected' and if I then click one, that one gets deselected.

I don't know if my explanation is clear?