Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Demo Version

I want to make my dashboard as demo version some times..i need a script when i click on button..the automatically create the demo version of dashbaords.?kindly help me thanks.

9 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you need data to be "Hidden" use the function "Scramble" otherways explain with more details your request

avinashelite

can you please elaborate your requirement???

Not applicable
Author

sometimes we present demo to clients of our current dashboards...when i make all dashboard to demo version it is time consuming..i want to make button by clicking on button i want to make our dashboards as demo without wasting of time.

Not applicable
Author

sometimes we present demo to clients of our current dashboards...when i make all dashboard to demo version it is time consuming..i want to make button by clicking on button i want to make our dashboards as demo without wasting of time.

Not applicable
Author

avinashelite

Hi Hammad,

As per my understanding you have many tabs out of which few you need to show it for clients and rest need to be hidden when you click a button. If so try like this:

1.Create a Variable (Press CTRL+ALT+V) with value 0

2.Then create 2 buttons > then add action as in the solution attachment

3.Go to Sheet Properties > select condition > and paste the expression as in the solution attachment

Not applicable
Author

i understand butt ..i know how to make my dashboard as demo version butt i want multiple dashboard to demo version by single click.

avinashelite

As per my knowledge single click and hiding multiple tabs of different dashboards is not possible.

you need to re-implement the logic in all the dashboard.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Every time you want to convert the currently loaded document into a demo version of itself inside the QV Desktop, you're limited to what the desktop will allowe you to do. Which is not very much if you look at it from a multripl-document-management viewpoint.

IMHO I think it's better to start writing a VB/C#/VC++ application and use the QlikView OCX component to load-modify-save whatever document you need to transform and according to the rules for creating a demo version that you define yourself.

There are a few advantages:

• You can do almost anything with your QVW(s), including dropping the script, hiding or removing sheets, deleting objects, reloading with specific settings to get a limited data set for dmeo purposes etc.
  • You can process them in batch
  • You can construct a rule set that is applied by default to all docs or just to some very specific documents
  • You can set variables to specific values that act as a sort of programmable expiration date (sheets go blank after a specific date)
  • You can fully automate the process
  • etc.

There is one big disadvantage:

• Since I don't know if someone has ever tried writing such a tool before, and since I don't know the amount of work you're facing when creating demo versions, I will probably be too complex/expensive for you to try and create it all by yourself.

Hmm,

Peter