Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Determining if a field is only included in selected range on one table compared to another

Hello,

I have a bit of a dilemma. In the application am trying to determine if component is only in products selected in one table compared to another. The base data is similar, linked through the component

I am filtering the first table by Product and as a result, i would need a list of Components, which are ONLY included in the filtered components from table one.

as an example the Product filter for table 1 would return the following:

ProductComponent
Car 1Piston 1
Car 2Piston 1
Car 3Piston 1
Car 1Wheel 2
Car 2Wheel 3
Car 3Wheel 2

As the table 2 has same data- linked through the component, it would return i.e. like this

comparison productcomponent
Car 1Piston 1
Car 2Piston 1
Car 3Piston 1
Car 4Piston 1
Car 5Piston 1
Car 1Wheel 2
Car 2Wheel 3
Car 3Wheel 2
Car 8Wheel 2
Car 99Wheel 4
Car xWheel 9

In this case, the result would be that Piston 1 and wheel 2 are not ONLY in filtered products and Wheel 3 IS ONLY in the filtered products (scenario 1)

the Table 2 is also filterable as the comparison group can change, so for example if the table 2 filter would eliminate Car 8, that would mean the Wheel 2 would be also ONLY in the filtered products (scenario 2)

The end result should be a table like this

in scenario 1

ComponentONLY in selected products?
Piston 1NO
Wheel 2NO
Wheel 3YES

in scenario 2 (with filtered comparison products, Car 8 eliminated)

componentOnly in table selected products?
Piston 1NO
Wheel 2YES
Wheel 3YES

I have not found a way to do this. Any help appreciated.

2 Replies
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Your requirement is not clear.

Can you explain i details,please?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I mean to say, that i want to compare two similar sets of data with different product filtration. the end result should be a list of components, which are only in the selected products from table 1.

i.e IF selected product for table1 is A,B,C and D

and Selected product for table2 is A,B,X,Y and Z

depending if the components under the products in table A are ONLY in selected products A,B,C or D (table1) then that is on a list as unique. (notice, that the sets of filtered data could have overlapping Products).

Does this clarify?