Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Developer's Guide

Hi,

I am wondering whether there is any developer's-guide-like book or document. My main problem is that I do not have a document that will guide me in the QlikView script learning path, step-by-step, from simple 'hello-wolrd'-like scripts, to more advanced scripts. A document that will explain to me the script language and teach me with examples.

Panayotis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have been told by QlikView respresentative in Greece, that only official Traning Courses offer detailed script documentation.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check this PDF, hope this helps you in understanding set analysis.

http://www.struelove.com/uploads/5/0/3/3/5033580/qv_set_analysis_course_manual_v9_secure.pdf

Reference Manual for Scripting Refer Page No. 215

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=QlikView+Reference+Manual+10.pdf&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjA...

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Frnd,

When you install the Qlikview. By default the qlikview reference manual is come with the package of qlikview installation.

Here is the path for the getting the Qlikview reference manual from your directory structure.

C:\Program Files\QlikView\Documentation

Regards,

Nitin Jain

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer. The problem is that these documents are REFERENCES not a step-by-step Developer's Guide. Reference Manual is quite complete, but it is not instructive. There are no guidelines on how one can start from hello-world-level examples and go to more advanced examples. And the big problem as far as I understand is script language. The script help/reference is not a place to start. It lists the commands. You cannot learn a language by reference-style books. Can you imagine that I give you a book to learn C and it is the C Reference? Impossible.

Not applicable
Author

I got it..

You need to start the Qlikview from the Scratch.

Try to this pdf may be this would be helpfull.

Regards,

Nitin Jain

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I will consider this a helpful answer. I already have this document and I have read it.

The point is that i need to start learning QV script language in a proper way, from scratch, and using a book that explains the language.

I have searched a lot and I see that there is no such a book/document.

Not applicable
Author

I have been told by QlikView respresentative in Greece, that only official Traning Courses offer detailed script documentation.

Not applicable
Author

A new book QlikView 11 for Developers is now available. Check it on amazon with the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1849686068/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=...

Not applicable
Author

This is kalyan iam working igate . I have  5  y experience on OBIEE and Tabluea reporting tools. I got requirement for Qlick view project.

Can you please guide me to learn this tool by providing either of the sitenames/documents/any advice.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks & advence

kalyan