Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrepucci15
Creator
Creator

Did QV's default number format change in 12.40 / April 2019?

We are in the process of upgrading from 12.10 SR4 to 12.40 flat and running number format differences (among others).

background: these fields are in Dimensions (not expressions)

in v12.10, a "1" appears as "1" and "0.675496" appears as "0.675496". - this is the desired behavior.

In v12.40 flat, "1" appears as "1.000000" and 0.675496" appears as "0.675496".  This change from dynamic formatting is not good or useful.

I've tried added a "Num() around the dimension but that creates a static format, not the dynamic formatting that we had in v12.10.  =Num(MReceivedQty, '#,###.#') - this forces every entry to have a single decimal point, which is incorrect.

Has anyone else see this and have a fix?

Labels (3)
7 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As a debugging exercise, please look up this field in the Document Properties, Number pane and tell us what radio button value is selected, in both the 12.10 and the 12.4 apps. 

-Rob

jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rob,

The Number Format Settings = "Mixed" for those variables in both v12.1 & v12.4.  

Survive Reload is selected on both versions as well.

John

Number format issue.PNG

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Interesting. No ideas, perhaps it's worth checking in with QT Support.

-Rob

jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

Edit:  this was using v12.40 SR1

I ran into another oddity related to this.

In a transform, I saved a table as a qvd, deleted the table, then loaded that qvd.

Prior to the save, the numbers were formatted correctly, but after I loaded the qvd the numbers had the trailing 0's.

My workaround for that was to do the save (for debug / testing purposes only) but no longer delete the table.  That kept the number formats correct.

Rob - I will be working with my support partner to open a case on this.

John

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

fema3773
Contributor II
Contributor II

Were you able to find a resolution for this?  We are currently facing the same issue.  Thanks in advance!

jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

No, we did not find a good solution. I ended up playing with the number format in the extracts (wrapping the field in a num() as ..) as necessary.
Not a great solution.