Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Different format date

Hi expert, i have a situation:

I have a month year column and two tables that are relation by this field

between this two table the values are the same , but do not match

i attached an image explain, i believe that is the format but is the totaly the same

attached the qvw and the qvd for example, thank you a lot

Fernando K.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The screenshot that, in one table, you're storing a number (dates are numbers), and applying the month-year format. These are the values that are right-aligned. When you're seeing items that are left-aligned, QlikView isn't recognizing them as the same thing. It's seeing a string, which doesn't matching the date from the other table.

I can't open the QVW in personal edition to give you exact steps, but if you synch both tables so that the key column is either a string in both or a valid date in both, you should get the matching that you're looking for.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The screenshot that, in one table, you're storing a number (dates are numbers), and applying the month-year format. These are the values that are right-aligned. When you're seeing items that are left-aligned, QlikView isn't recognizing them as the same thing. It's seeing a string, which doesn't matching the date from the other table.

I can't open the QVW in personal edition to give you exact steps, but if you synch both tables so that the key column is either a string in both or a valid date in both, you should get the matching that you're looking for.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You should force a date format, like this:

makedate(subfield(%MesAno,'-',2),subfield(%MesAno,'-',1),'01') as %MesAno

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

I would say you problem comes from the below line

SuperficieTotal+if (isnull (peek ('Acumulada')),0,peek ('Acumulada')) as Acumulada

As it look like you are taking a date and adding a value, give you the strange number format after a number of if and peeks. what are you trying to do here? Add days?

Mark