Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Dimension Drill Down Group with conditional expression

Hi,

is it possible to use conditional expression depending on which dimension is chosen in the drill down group?

I want to create a straight table with some Values and descriptions to an order, than I want to click on the "order no" to see all suborders... This works pretty well with the drill down group of order no,suborder no as dimension. Problem begins that field names etc. are different and I need to show different values on each dimension.

Hope its easy to understand what I mean.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the getcurrentfield function to get the name of the active field in the group. If you're using QV11 and want to show/hide colums based on the active field you can use the conditional expression: if(getcurrentfield(GroupNameHere)='order no', 1, 0)

If you mean you want to dynamically pick a dimension to show based on the active field of the group then you can use something like:

if(getcurrentfield(GroupNameHere)='order no', DimA,

if(getcurrentfield(GroupNameHere)='suborder no',DimB,

if(getcurrentfield(....etc.... )))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the getcurrentfield function to get the name of the active field in the group. If you're using QV11 and want to show/hide colums based on the active field you can use the conditional expression: if(getcurrentfield(GroupNameHere)='order no', 1, 0)

If you mean you want to dynamically pick a dimension to show based on the active field of the group then you can use something like:

if(getcurrentfield(GroupNameHere)='order no', DimA,

if(getcurrentfield(GroupNameHere)='suborder no',DimB,

if(getcurrentfield(....etc.... )))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hey Gysbert,

Great and thank you so much for your help.It works like a charm.If we ever meet you get an evening free drinks.

test.JPG

It works but the editor marks it as wrong, but says expression ok... This happens with set expressions sometimes too.