Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dimension Text Format ='<b>'

Hello...I'm new to QlikView and have inherited an existing app. I noticed on several charts that when the Text Format for a Dimension is set to BOLD (='<b>'), it will not bold if the first output line has a blank value.

For example, I have 3 dimensions - Business, Region, and Employee/Non-Employee. I also have a HeadCount expression. The chart is sorted by Business on the left hand side, then by Region and Employee/Non-Employee across the top. If there is a blank HeadCount value for the first Business, then the corresponding Region and Employee/Non-Employee values across the top are NOT bolded, even though it has been set in the Dimension's Text Format. Is this working by design or is this a bug? Thanks.

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What version of QV are you using? I seem to recall that one as a bug some time back. If you are on an older version. you might try upgrading.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

We are on version 9.00.7257.6 SR1 . What is the latest version?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That's the latest -- my recollection does not apply in this case.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I also have this problem where I have a single dimension and a single expressions in a straight table. The dimension should be bold in certain conditions. This works fine until I make a selection at which point only dimensions that calculate a value in the expression are bold. The others should stay bold too.

The straight table is configured so that it always shows the same number of rows regardless of selections.

Any ideas?