Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmsoares
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Dimension filter in Nested Set Analysis

Dear fellow Qlikview users,

I'm working with a database with data from several hospitals (units) and i'm trying to build a pivot table to show the invoiced amount that belongs to the new patients.

In my data model, I have a flag (NewUnitClient) that holds 1 in the first time the client has an activity on that unit and 0 in all other times.

For that reason, i had to put the <NewUnitClient={1}> in a nested set analysis to return the total invoiced amount made by all the patients that were marked as new, otherwise i would only return the sum of invoiced amount of the first appointments.

sum(

{$<

Patient_ID={"=count({$<NewUnitClient={1}>} DISTINCT Patient_ID)>0"}

>}

#Invoiced)

This expression works fine when i'm trying to return the total amount considering all the units or if i only select one of them each time.

However, when i build a pivot table with this expression and the units as dimensions, i'm getting wrong values.

I've noticed that the dimension (units) doesn't filter my nested set analysis. So, the values i obtain in the pivot table are the sum of invoiced amount (for each unit) of all my new clients. For example:

sum(

{$<

Unit={'CentralHospital'},

Patient_ID={"=count({$<NewUnitClient={1}>} DISTINCT Patient_ID)>0"}

>}

#Invoiced)

But what i really want is the sum of invoiced amount (for each unit) of the new clients of that unit. For example:

sum(

{$<

Unit={'CentralHospital'},

Patient_ID={"=count({$<NewUnitClient={1},Unit={'CentralHospital'}>} DISTINCT Patient_ID)>0"}

>}

#Invoiced)

Anyone has an idea of ​​how I could make this work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi Nuno, Set analysis is calculated before the rows and columns so all the dimensions applies the same set analysis , you can try with:

Sum(Aggr(If(Sum(NewUnitClient), Sum(#Invoiced)), Patient_ID, Unit))

Maybe there is a better solutions for this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Nuno, Set analysis is calculated before the rows and columns so all the dimensions applies the same set analysis , you can try with:

Sum(Aggr(If(Sum(NewUnitClient), Sum(#Invoiced)), Patient_ID, Unit))

Maybe there is a better solutions for this.

nmsoares
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruben,

Thanks for the tip. It works perfectly!