Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Dimension help

Hi,

I have a table which created from multiple sources. I have column called "Status" and in that i have "Received" and "Not received" as status flag. Previously the pivot chart has been created with entire data. Now I want to show the data only for "Received" files. Below are the dimensions. Can any one tell me how to amend the chart with the status flag (also i dont want to show this column. Is there any set analysis or calculated dimension)?

Dimensions:

Customer Name

Customer Number

Sales Rep Name

Sales Rep number

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

... or remove the Set Analysis from the Expression and use this Calculated Dimension

= if ( Status = 'Received', Status )

and tick Suppress When Value is Null

View solution in original post

16 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The simplest would be to create an Alternate State called as.NotReceived and make a selection of the field with the status flag in that particular Alternate State. Then you could assign you chart to this Alternate State instead of <inherited> or <default> and everything in the chart would relate to Not Received....

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

try tis,

go to ur status flag field and set like this status flag='Received'

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion
Author

Shiva: Tried this but not working.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Change your expression(s) into a set analysis expression(s). For example sum(Amount) would become sum({<Status={'Received'}>}Amount).

Note, make sure to use the exact case sensitive field names. STATUS, status and Status are three different fields to Qlikview.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion
Author

Gysbert: I have done that in expression. My total customer is 150 and I received only 75 files. so the lines should be 75 but i am getting 150 lines. I guess we need to do something in dimension.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion
Author

Petter: Checking your solution and I have added a alternate state in document properties. But I dont understand how to select sales status and assign that in chart as I am new to Qlikview.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

if possible share ur app,tht helps to answer quickly.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Mind you if you need selections from you default state to take effect in your alternate state also in addition to having a particular value selected then you have to make adjustments for that too...

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Tamil,

are you able to post your qvw?

R

Andy