Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mapuna
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Dimension values are coming as " ? " (question mark) in sheets instead of number format

Hello experts,

AnupamRaj_1-1672650841172.png

The above code has text format in table b. num#() is used on that dimension by taking resident in table c. I am getting the below output in sheets:

AnupamRaj_2-1672650962133.png

However if i use num#() in table b itself i get the values in number format as desired:

AnupamRaj_3-1672651051864.png

The result:

AnupamRaj_4-1672651070359.png

So the question is, why is num#() function returning " ? "(question marks) when the same dimension is used in another table by taking resident of the original table?

Labels (3)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

The question mark is applied if there isn't a string-representation of the values available because only these string-representations are shown in any objects. This could occur by converting-functions like num#() or field-functions like fieldvalue() if no further processing on these fields happens. This regards only to the visibility of the values and not to their exists - means the values are there and if any calculations with them executed they will work.

To avoid any confusion just wrap such measures with a text() or num().

- Marcus